Saturday, April 25, 2015

Southern Charm

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Raise your hand if you feel personally victimized by the Lilly Pulitzer for Target launch! *Raises both hands* Lemme tell yall something, this whole fiasco with the amount of women who flocked to the nearest target and the website truly has shown the tenacity of humanity. I encountered women who pushed and shoved their way to the teeny-tiny section in the back of my Hawaii Target, experienced people who were bartering for an item in someone else's cart with a dress that clearly was not her size, but would do anything for the satisfaction of having that tote bag, and have laughed at the crazy, psychotic shoppers that make Black Friday look like a picnic. Sal and I woke up bright and early to go to our local Target at 7:45 am, only to see a winding line down the street. Sal was having absolutely none of it (Lilly isn't really her style, and she hates people who are outrageous), making the whole situation hilarious because she was pushing people out of the way with ease, making our finds a treasure. We ended up walking away with a few knick-knacks, and my Momma was able to snag at her Kona Target a jumpsuit for Sal and this gorgeous Maxi for me. I had fallen in love with Lilly Pulitzer when I first became in engrossed with everything sorority related, but never found her dresses to fit me correctly or cater to my plus-size nature. Her use of bright colors and cheery disposition truly embodies the island life I live, but also has that touch of southern history that always makes me feel like a southern belle.  I am in absolute love with all the colors, and the soft jersey material make it a dress that I plan on wearing all summer long; both to casual luncheons and to my Brothers impending confirmation into the Catholic Church.


Later Gators,
MF

No comments:

Post a Comment