Sunday, May 10, 2015

Gluten/Dairy Free Orange Chicken



Hey there Lovelies! I come to you from a different setting, where the food takes the front seat. As some of you may know, at the start of the New Year, I made a huge life and dietary change: I decided that after years of struggling with hormonal imbalances and strange instances with my body that I would give up all Gluten and Dairy, and attempt to live as Paleo as possible. Yes, I know thats an overwhelming shift for a regular person, but for me it was major. I have always been someone who puts my health and wellbeing on the back burner, and focused on my studies and other things. By forcing myself into a lifestyle that would ultimately change evetythig that i know about food, i knew i was in for a ride. I have been Gluten Free for nearly 5 months, and i cannot begin to exlain the differences that i feel. I finally feel like my body is getting back on the track that it was meant to be on all along. By changing my diet, it has allowed for me to feel more bold when it comes to making choices and not be afraid to cook. I am in no means attempting to force my beliefs, or shame others into guilt because i have always felt that way; but i truly feel like i have found something that makes my body and mind feel good.

Enough jibber-jabber, lets get to this tasty dish! I am bringing you my new favorite dish: Gluten/Dairy Free Orange Chicken. This recipe was found on Pintrest here, and it literally takes all of 15 min to prep and make, which in my book, is a SCORE. Its uber tasty, and my sister (who has involuntarily changed diet because i am the cook) loves this panda express look alike! I hope y'all will try it out, and lemme know if y'all have any good recipes!

Gluten/Dairy Free Orange Chicken

Ingredients:
- Chicken Breast (I use two large ones)
- Flour Mixture (Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Pepper, Salt, Almond or Coconut Flour)
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice (Fresh or Organic)

Step 1:
Mix chicken with the flour mixture, and then pan fry in about 1 tsp of vegetable oil in large pot until golden brown.

Step 2:
While chicken is browning, mix the ketchup, brown sugar and OJ with a whisk in a small bowl. 

Step 3:
Add the mixture to the browning chicken, reduce heat to a simmer and let it for 10 min or until thick.


Final Step:
Serve over basmati rice, and Enjoy!

Later Gators,
MF

PS: In case you are careful about other items with gluten in them, Soy Sauce has it in it. So i found this brand, and i absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment