Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas Traditions

Every year, my Momma and I always invade the nearest Bath & Body Works to find their new holiday scents. I am guilty of burning them ALL THE TIME, meaning I have to replace them about 3 times a season, but it always makes the space your in feel so much more festive.
Whats Christmas without a Tree? I always put up a tree in my room, even when living at home, and filled it with all my personal ornaments that don't hang on the family tree, and with fillers that I found at my local Target. I love this pencil tree I have had for about 3 years now because it fits anywhere and so unique in itself!
Ok, so I will admit, I am a HUGE Oprah fan. My Momma, sister and I would watch her "Favorite Things" episode every year and always love getting the magazine to sift through. I bought my own this year because we all know Oprah is no longer on air (cue the tears and howls), so this helps to fill that void. It also looks super cute on our coffee table!
 On to my favorite part: Ornaments!! My mom has always collected the annual Starbucks ornaments every year ad places them on our family tree. I am an avid Starbucks customer, and saw it fitting to follow in the trend. So slowly, I have been building my collection, and am so excited for this years new additions; there are a million options!
Following the above idea, since I was little, my momma designated a Christmas ornament for each child that people in our family can get us every year; mine being a snowman, Sal's an angel and Sean's Santa. Above is a beloved ornament that my god mother gave to me, and it allows me to think of all the loved ones that thought of me and the history behind it all.
 
I hope these help get your creative juices flowing, and to start your own traditions! Let me know what kinda traditions you follow every year, I'm always looking for new ideas!!
 
Later Gators,
MF
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to my very first Grand. I love you SO very much! Gmommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your apartment!!! Christmas is our favorite time of the year and you and your sister created an incredible space with lots of new traditions. 🎄❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete