Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sandy Magnolia Chili

Aloha Lovelies! I come to you from my cozy home in Waimea (if yall didn't know, follow me on Instagram :), and I bring you one of my favorite recipes that I make for Sal and myself all the time because it had a home-cooked comfort, has great ingredients that are good for you, and reminds me of my Momma. Introducing, Sandy Magnolia Chili! I have fallen in love with cooking recently because I love the satisfaction that comes when a recipe comes out great, and the feeling of how hard I worked to make this dish sing. So without further ado...
 
Sandy Magnolia Chili:
 
Ingredients:
3 cans of Beans (I use chili beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans)
2 cans of Tomato Sauce
Chili Spice Blend (1 Tbs Onion Powder, 2 Tbs Garlic Powder, 3 Tbs Chili Powder, 2 Tbs Cumin)
2 Packages of Meat (I used groud beef here, but it also really yummy with lean turkey meat)
 
 
Utensils:
Large Pot
Wooden Spoon
 

Step 1: Heat Large Pot to a medium high, with a dash of Olive Oil. Once hot, add Meat and cook until ground and brown.
 
Step 2: Once Meat is cooked and brown, add two cans of tomato sauce. Fill the tomato sauce can with water and pour into the mixture, Stir to combine. Add in the spices, stir to combine.
 
Step 3: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a pot for 30 min.
 
Step 4: While the mixture is simmering, drain the beans into a collinder and rinse thouroughly.
 
Step 5: Once the timer dings for the 30 min, Pour the beans into the mixture, stir to combine. Then cover the mixture again for 15 min. (A little trick: my Momma always says never leave a pot without an eye on it. So I stand right by what I am cooking and Pintrest or check my email!)
 
 
Final Step: Remove lid from the Chili once the 15 minutes are up, and stir to combine any water that bubbled to the surface, and serve over rice or sprinkle some Fritos on top! Voila, easiest and tastiest chili out there!
 
 
I hope yall will try this recipe and lemme know how you like it! My sister (who has all kinds of opinions;) loves this chili and loves the fact that we have it for leftovers for like a week! I will see yall soon in the next Blog Post!
 
Later Gators,
MF
 
Little dose of Cuteness: My helper in the kitchen
He just wanted to make sure I didn't drop anything, so he was my little sweepr!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. It is raining today here in New Jersey. Perfect weather for some Sandy Magnolia Chili!

    ReplyDelete